Thrive

I still remember the time,
when you were only mine
sitting under the stars that shine
and chortling at the weired moments
that re-lived with a glass of wine.

I tried reaching for your hand,
but then suddenly you held my waist
and pulled me closer to show the airplane
which was about to land.
I could feel my cold heart melting
and my mind struggling to escape
because I somewhere doubted this against my fate.

Oh sweetheart then I realized I was right
when the spark lightening thundered in the dark night.
You pulled me closure only to push me farther
and watch my whole world shatter.
The skies are no more blue
and everything happened the way you wanted to.

And today... that you are gone,
even now I repeat that you were never my want.
Infact, you are still my need to survive
and my need to thrive.
.
.
.
~ Yashasvi Bhati
picture from Pinterest

Comments