#BEAUTY

Crazy isn't it ? The world we live in. 
Crazy is the way how we surround ourselves with illusions that never exist.
Crazy is the way how easily we get carried away, 
and to be truly ourselves ? We resist.

I live in a world of mine, 
What about you ? 
Come, let's talk over a glass of wine. 

There are layers. 
Layers in how I see you 
and layers in how you see me. 
Layers of skin that make me
and layers of colour that paint me.
Thick eyebrow & thick thighs ? 
No, it's not the bar that's too high. 
But it's the bracket too small. 
Too small for beauty to fit in.
Too small for acceptance to dive in. 

I have colours all over my body. 
Call my scars some ugly patches 
and my marks roughly brushed.
But hey, wish I cared 
and unfortunately all of your opinions are spared.
Hairy legs & hairy hands
PLEASE ! Please don't tie me in bands ! 

What else don't you like about me ? 
Let me hear it from you and then see. 
See how you think of me 
and how I think of you. 
How you see the sky just blue 
and how "beauty" out of beauty, just flew.
Flew to a land faraway
and we are all just left with empty definitions today.

Black, brown, pale & white. 
This world ? Wasn't right ! 
It wasn't right when it asked 
to be inferior because of your colour. 
It wasn't right when it asked you,
to hide your freckles under your blusher.
It wasn't right when you felt ashamed of your small breasts.
It wasn't right when it criticized you for your fat chest.
Tall, small, dark or bright 
your value doesn't depend on 0 or 40 size 
but definitely it's something you carry.
It's the light, It's you who shine. 

These eyes ? 
They don't realize
that where this beauty lies. 
Beauty lies in my scars and in my marks.
Beauty lies in my dimples and also my pimples.
YOU are BEAUTY
WE are BEAUTY.
STOP ! 
No ! The gender doesn't come in here. 
Be it a guy or girl.
But hey, it's also about 
lesbian and gay.
And we are all beautiful just the same way <3 


~ Yashasvi Bhati 
picture from Pinterest 








Comments